Get updated with Autodesk Maya 2015 New Features videos Tutorials. This release delivers powerful new toolsets across the board for artists tasked with creating complex, high-quality assets.
The major updates are as follows :
- The Bifröst Simulation Platform supports new capabilities for simulating and rendering photorealistic liquids.
- The XGen Arbitrary Primitive to use instanced geometry for creating and grooming hair and fur, as well as to create foliage and vegetation for environments.
- Geodesic Voxel Binding for skinning offers an innovative method for binding complex geometry to joint skeletons with ease.
- Support for Pixar’s OpenSubdiv libraries, enhanced Modeling tools, and new UV options accelerate performance to keep you productive.
- New support in Viewport 2.0 for major effects, rendering and texturing workflows means you can work in a real-time environment with significant performance gains.
- Addition of new ShaderFX editor to create and preview advanced HLSL, GLSL and CgFX shaders in Viewport 2.0.
Support of Ptex
Bifrost Procedural Effects Platform Part 1
Bifrost Procedural Effects Platform Part 2
XGen Arbitrary Primitive Generator
Geodesic Voxel Binding
Streamlined Retopology Toolset
Enhanced Polygonal Modeling
Enhanced UV Toolset
To know more about Maya 2015 Features, visit the official website of Autodesk.