With release of Studio 4, ftrack presents the best update in arena of cloud based project management system.
ftrack is very well known in Media and Entertainment sector, specifically in the genre of SaaS (Software as a service) model of cloud-based project management application, titled as ftrack Studio. ftrack Studio increases productivity of the Animation and VFX pipeline. Let it be small scale post production house or big one, ftrack’s scalable approach helps everyone to customize it as per need and resources. It is also useful in areas of industrial design and virtual reality (VR).
Why ftrack Studio is useful?
As most of high budget Hollywood movies and international level TV series / web series goes through collaborative projects in various post production houses, one bridge tool was required to keep track of every single activity. ftrack Studio is the answer for this complex problems. It provides streamlined workflow for managing every single shot and its various versions with all comments / updates. With help of such cloud based project management technology, you keep focus on creativity rather than wasting time and resources on mundane manual notes.
On August 1, 2018, ftrack announced the major update, Studio 4. “The release of ftrack Studio 4 gives producers and production managers more power to oversee all projects in motion, accelerating informed decisions for high-level planning,” said Fredrik Limsäter, CEO and founder at ftrack. “Looking ahead, we’re excited to be adding further enhancements and security updates to ftrack Studio. To support these changes and meet the growing demands of our user base globally, we’re expanding our team two-fold with new hires in Los Angeles, Europe, and Shanghai.”
New features of ftrack Studio 4:
- Cross-project views: Allows producers to gain increased visibility over multiple projects with the use of dynamic dashboards for a holistic view of on-going projects. New filters and attributes are accessible for additional freedom and flexibility when customizing the most efficient view for your projects.
- Refined UI & color themes – Light and dark themes have been updated with a new color palette for optimal readability and enhanced UI design.
- Localization – Beginning with Simplified Chinese, ftrack Studio is built-in with localization capabilities allowing any user to select their language preference without the need for a separate version of ftrack.
- Overhauled Nuke Studio integration – Re-written from the ground-up, unifying Nuke Studio and Hiero workflows for a streamlined and powerful toolset offering increased flexibility when publishing and customizing outputs. Artists can now publish EDL and audio to ftrack, with versioning of clips and tracks.
As name suggests, ftrack Review is a tool for effectively maintaining review and approvals of the entire project. It is a platform to create dashboard or single point access system with annotations and notes. It can be completely aligned with ftrack Studio to speed up output process.
For more details, have a look at the official link of ftrack Review.
- ftrack Studio: $20 per user per month with annual billing
- ftrack Studio Enterprise plan: $30 per user per month
- ftrack Review: $10 per user per month (later in 2018)
Siggraph 2018 schedule:
Check all new features of Studio 4 and Review in ACM SIGGRAPH 2018, Vancouver Convention Center at booth #1117 from 14th to 16th August. Click the image below to go to the official page of SIGGRAPH.