Check out DaVinci Resolve 16 new features.
Blackmagic Design has recently floated a teaser of DaVinci Resolve 16, to be launched at NAB 2019, on their official website. It was titled as ‘The revolution in Editing‘ and truly it stood on the expectations of industry professionals worldwide.
As planned, DaVinci Resolve 16 was launched on 8th April, Monday 2019. This major update covered both the fronts – software and hardware. Apart from editing suite updates, it also worked big on integrated workflow of Fusion. So, in nutshell, new features of DaVinci Resolve 16 are advantageous to all editors, audio and sound engineers, post production artists, colorists, visual effects artists and many other related industry professionals, who deals with audio and video content creations. BMD’s latest update will streamline the audio, editing and post production pipeline of movies, TV series, commercials, corporate videos, e learning video contents, and of course, the booming industry of OTT platforms (Netflix, Amazon Prime, ZEE5, Sony LIV, Hotstar, MX Player, Hulu and many others).
The biggest highlight of DaVinci Resolve 16 is the introduction of ‘Cut Page’ tool. Regular edit page has not become obsolete yet. It is still in the workflow, so user can switch to it to deliver projects through old production pipeline. Cut page technology is designed for speed and accuracy. It gives two different timeline – one for the final cut and another of rough cuts with detailed view. Such unique and productive UI of DaVinci Resolve 16 is catering faster deliveries in small span of time. It is also a big time help for editors who uses laptop of small screen, as the cut page feature fits perfectly in it.
DaVinci Resolve 16 new features:
- DaVinci Neural Engine for AI and deep learning features.
- Dual timeline to edit and trim without zooming and scrolling.
- Source tape to review all clips as if they were a single tape.
- Trim interface to view both sides of an edit and trim.
- Intelligent edit modes to auto sync clips and edit.
- Timeline review playback speed based on clip length.
- Built in tools for retime, stabilization and transform.
- Render and upload directly to YouTube and Vimeo.
- Direct media import via buttons.
- Scalable interface for working on laptop screens.
- Create projects with different frame rates and resolutions.
- Apply effects to multiple clips at the same time.
- DaVinci Neural Engine detects faces and auto creates bins.
- Frame rate conversions and motion estimation.
- Cut and edit page image stabilization.
- Curve editor ease in and out controls.
- Tape style audio scrubbing with pitch correction.
- Reencode only changed files for faster rendering.
- Collaborate remotely with Frame.io integration.
- Improved GPU performance for Fusion 3D operations.
- Cross platform GPU accelerated tools.
- Accelerated mask operations including BSpline and bitmap.
- Improved planar and tracker performance.
- Faster user and smart cache.
- GPU accelerated scopes with advanced technical monitoring.
- Custom and HSL curves now feature histogram overlay.
- DaVinci Neural Engine auto color and shot match.
- Synchronize SDI output to viewer zoom.
- Mix and master immersive 3D audio.
- Elastic wave audio alignment and retiming.
- Bus tracks with automation on timeline.
- Foley sampler, frequency analyzer, dialog processor, FairlightFX.
- 500 royalty free foley sounds effects.
- Share markers and notes in collaboration workflows.
- Individual user cache for collaborative projects.
- Resolve FX plugins with timeline and keyframes.
One of the best features of DaVinci Resolve 16 is that it is using AI and deep learning on a big way. The neural engine of DaVinci, combined with artificial intelligence is great for various VFX and complex works such as speed wrap motion, automatic color matching, facial recognition and more. Moreover, it uses GPU computation to accelerate speed. It has also improved on the ResolveFX plugins for various effects.
Download DaVinci Resolve 16:
The public beta version is ready for download from the official website, for all three major platforms – Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Please scroll through to the bottom to download DaVinci Resolve 16 software.