Pixar, the leading 3D Animation Studio, had released free noncommercial RenderMan version. Check out more details and official download link of this Academy Award Winner software.
Pixar Animation Studios released its free noncommercial RenderMan (earlier it was priced at $495) on 23rd March, 2015. Developed in-house, it is one of the best 3D Rendering packages which is used extensively in all major 3D animation and motion pictures. As the latest project, Disney Pixar is using it on their upcoming 3D Animation movie – Finding Dory.
The benefits of free noncommercial RenderMan are as follows :
- It includes the USP of RendeMan – the RIS Framework. RIS Framework is perfectly optimized for counting high end multi-bounce global illumination with memory and speed efficiency.
- It is fully featured, completely unlocked and heavily loaded.
- The render output will not have RenderMan / Disney Pixar watermark.
- It’s free for lifetime !
- It can be used by digital artists for varieties of uses including R&D, plugin creation, personal not-profit work or anything which does not generate revenue.
- However, indirect revenue generating activities are allowed officially. It means any artist can monetize their RenderMan work on various video hosting sites, where YouTube is number one. Same is allowed for in image also. The only condition – the artist must give credits to Pixar’s RenderMan in the summary area.
If you are uncertain or doubtful for this clause, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your query.
Disney Pixar also introduced a new RenderMan community for all the artists around the globe to share their work, get educated, exchange knowledge and ideas, tutorials, plugins, shaders, videos and much more. It serves as a single point access for the media news and other information relevant to the product.
Enjoy the video song – The Walking Teapot Music Video. It takes you on tour of RIS Framework and other essential details. The video is rendered in RenderMan 19 : ‘This Teapot’s Made for Walking’ by Disney Pixar.
Check out the milestone achievements of 23 years of Pixar’s RendeMan. Click the image to see the full version.