Legend International Film Forum event will focus on vast topic of strategic opportunities across China.
What is Legend International Film Forum (LIFF)?
The Film Industry in China has had a tumultuous start to 2019, but even-so China’s box office revenue rose 9 percent in 2018 to 60.98 billion yuan ($8.87 billion). As the addition of 5G transforms the landscape, China now leads the world in the mobile market sector. China’s OTT (Over The Top) growth is forecast to quickly double that of traditional television, and with this growth comes the need for more content. The need for more content creates an opportunity for companies to service these needs, near and afar.
LIFF (Legend International Film Forum) is hosted by the Luoyang government and Legend China at Luoyang Wanda Cinema. Please join us for an informative day of panels, networking and celebration, as we cover “Strategic Opportunities across China”. Some of the major topics are:
- What are the challenges and risks?
- Why are 2nd and 3rd tier cities a better choice than Beijing or Shanghai?
- How does it compare to other Global destinations?
- How do we attract talent and build a secure Hollywood pipeline?
- How do we choose the right partners?
- How do we work with the local governments?
Essential details of Legend International Film Forum are as follows.
Schedule: 30th May, Thursday, 2019 – 9 am to 8 pm
Forum: Wanda Cinema, 168 Liaoning Road, 4th Floor, Luoyang
Gala: Huayang Plaza Hotel, 1 Liaoning Road, 3rd Floor, Luoyang
Complete schedule of LIFF event:
Forum at Wanda Cinema:
- 08:45 to 09:00 – Check in
- 09:00 to 09:30 – Address of Distinguished Guests
- 09:30 to 09:50 – Keynote Speech: The Rising Opportunities in 2nd and 3rd tier Cities
- 09.50 to 10:40 – Panel I: New Age of Hollywood – China
- 10.40 to 11:00 – Break
- 11:00 to 11:50 – Panel II: Comparison with India
- 11:50 to 13:00 – Lunch Buffet
- 13.00 to 13:30 – Express to Hollywood Talent – Training Program Initiation
- 13:30 to 14:30 – Panel III: Production and Investment
- 14:30 to 16:15 – Screening — Pokémon Detective Pikachu
Legend’s Night Gala at Huyang Plaza Hotel:
- 17:30 to 18:30 – Reception & Photos
- 18:30 to 20:00 – Legend’s Night Gala
Panel I: New Age of Hollywood-China:
- US-China new strategic partnerships
- The challenges and risks under current Chinese economic policy
- Advantages and opportunities in 2nd and 3rd tier cities in China
- Local support from government and banks
Panel II: Comparison with India
- Production in India
- Industry establishment growth path
- Talent training
- Subsidies and tax breaks
Panel III: Production and Investment
- Successful IP development and management
- Experience working with China
- Pipeline management and competitiveness
- Difference in production between Hollywood and China
Host: Luoyang Municipal Bureau of Culture Radio, Television and Tourism
Co-host: Legend (Henan) Digital Technology Co., Ltd
Jianping Qu and Allen Van Dam will join the first panel of LIFF: Hollywood-China – New Chapter of International Investment and Development.
Chinese-American Director and Producer Jianping Qu is currently serving as the President of CiticGuoan New Bridge Studio. He’s also the general manager of Guoan New Bridge (Beijing) Media Investment Co., Ltd. and the chairman of Xinqiao Media Co., Ltd. He is also a visiting professor at the Beijing Film Academy. Mr. Qu has more than 30 years of experience in the international film & television and cultural & creative industries. In recent years, he has co-operated with Citic Group, and has built the first film & television industry base in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region.
Allen Van Dam:
With more than 20 years of working experience and rich resources in Hollywood film industry, Allen Van Dam is familiar with various links from film planning, packaging, production to distribution. Worked in William Morris Agency, a famous American agency, in charge of projects and artists’ packaging and planning; worked in 20th Century Fox for eight years, serving many projects. Since then, he has worked as a consultant in China Film group, Zhejiang Huace Film & Tv Co., Ltd., and cooperated with Beijing Dadi Century Co., Ltd. to provide industry resources and production services on Sino-US cooperation projects. He was involved in First Blood 5, The Fast and Furious 3, Furious 6, Ice Age 2, Ice Age 4, Wonder, Beyond Skyline 2, Horton Hears a Who!, Roll Bounce, Robots, The Simpsons and Trainspotting, etc. He is currently working on Lamborghini and The Expendables 4.