The April 2017 release is bundled with breed of productive new features of Adobe After Effects CC 2017.2 for its worldwide fans. Check out the essentials in detail.
Adobe After Effects is one of the most preferred packages for motion graphics and various other creative video manipulation projects. Even though it don’t follow robust node based architecture, an artist can work with ease even on the most complex compositions having several keyframe animations and pre-compositions. Apart from several built in native industry standard tool sets, Adobe AE can be operated mostly by numerous powerful keyboard shortcuts. Hence, the power user aka pro user remains free to concentrate more on creative aspects rather than how-to-do-it or can-it-be-done-here kind of unproductive doubts.
The parent company will be showcasing various new features of Adobe After Effects CC 2017.2 at NAB 2017. Some of the major are listed below.
1. ‘Essential Graphics’ panel can be used as a template for the parameters which are required at the most. It will give fast access to frequently used tools to boost up productivity. To work on more cohesive manner, this template can be shared between various teams through Creative Cloud Libraries.
2. GPU acceleration has been achieved on various in-built effects for faster preview / render output.
3. Camera Shake Deblur, as name suggests, can remove motion blur from hand held or unstable camera shooting.
4. ‘Effects’ panel has been upgraded with source masks and effects that reference layers.
5. Native high frame-rate support without any third party plug-in. Higher frame rate than 99 fps (frames per second) will play back as it should be.
6. ‘Lumetri Scopes’ panel was early introduced in Adobe Premiere Pro in June 2015 update, which was again adaptation of features from SpeedGrade. Lumetri Scopes gives one of the best industry standard grading tool sets. So, now all the After Effects users can perform same color grading operations with high accuracy using Vectorscope, Histogram, Parade and Waveform.
7. Dynamic Link in ‘Adobe Team Projects’ is still in beta stage, but promises a great collaborative work environment.
Using screen sharing technology (Skype, Google Hangouts, Remote sharing, Ammyy Admin, TeamViewer and many more), Adobe is pushing the envelope. Adobe Team Projects is based on Cloud platform, so artists sitting at different geographic locations can simultaneously work on single composition or editing project.
The best part, it doesn’t require any other software or hardware to run the show. It is seamlessly integrated in Adobe After Effects CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC version. Source footages can be stored on all artists’ local drives or low resolution proxies can be used to make work faster. It cut off the need of back and forth rendering for approval purpose. As again, it is cloud based platform so there is no need to worry about creating multiple versions. Everything is stored!
8. Enhanced text menu that supports various Indian language scripts to capture Indian Animation and VFX market on a huge level. It will also support Arabic and Hebrew languages which read from right to left.
Check out the official video from Adobe Creative Cloud regarding what’s new in After Effects CC (April 2017) version.
Above listed are the the major new features of Adobe After Effects CC 2017.2. Apart from these, there are various other small fixes and improvements. To check the complete list of updates, click here to visit official Adobe page of After Effects CC 2017 release.