Women of Visual Effects are changing the trend of Animation and VFX industry. Check our more about the event.
Women in Animation (WIA) is the leading organization who speaks on behalf of women artists who are in Media, Art, Entertainment, Business and related industries. Founded in 1993, WIA has came a long way to educate and make industry ready female artists and technicians. To do so, they organize mentorship program, a scholarship, talks, and events round the year. It has been one of the major key factors to populate Animation and VFX industry with female artists and management people. Currently it is established at Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, Dublin, Pune, and Toronto.
The latest chapter of Women of Visual Effects is scheduled by VES (Visual Effects Society) and being hosted at The Third Floor. Various industry leading women speakers, from versatile segments, will talk about current trends and future opportunities in VFX and Animation arena. Check out the details and join for the betterment of all.
The ‘Women of Visual Effects’ event will be moderated by Alison Mann, VP Talent, Illumination. The participants are:
- Tanissa Schoen- Director of VFX, Marvel Studios
- Kaitlyn Yang – Founder & VFX Supervisor, Alpha Studios
- Mariana Acuna Acosta – CPO & Co-Founder, Glassbox Technologies
- Heather MacArthur – Author, Low Man on the Totem Pole
- Beverly Abbott – VFX Production Supervisor
- Evelyn Cover – Global R&D Manager, The Third Floor
- Shannon Justison – Sr. Visualization Supervisor, The Third Floor
- Heather Flynn – Visualization Supervisor, The Third Floor
Date: 9th April, Tuesday, 2019
Schedule: Mixer at 6 pm, Panel at 7 pm
Venue: The Third Floor, 5700 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 650, Los Angeles, CA 90036