Check out making of video of Infinity War – fight sequence between Iron Man, Dr. Strange and mighty Thanos.
Marvel Movies finishes its first 10 years, and what better way would have been to release the most awaited Superhero movie ‘Infinity War’! Infinity War part 1 has mammoth landscape, interweaven with multiple story lines, shared universe and crossover of various comic characters. It is way beyond than just one more superhero movie. Ten years in making, the seeds of Thanos were roped from the very first movie installment of Avengers, where he appeared in post credit sequence.
Thanos aka Mad Titan is the latest edition in series of highly realistic CG movie characters with its unique purple color renderation. As Thanos’s height is huge, animators always had to maintain his real scale ratio with other actors / surrounding environment. Hats off to all CGI artists who worked brilliantly for the believable animations. Behind the scenes of Infinity War had taken internet with buzz. VFX of Avengers: Infinity War is gigantic, visually and technically stunning master piece from Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
Creation of complete CG character is not a new thing for blockbuster Hollywood movies. They are using various technologies including 3D scanning, Motion Capture and Digital Doubles (Digi Doubles) to do so. 3D and Visual Effects artists had literally blurred the boundary between real shooting and CG characters. Following is list of some of the best 3D / CGI movie characters of all time.
- Gollum, Smaug, Dwarves, Orcs, Elves and many other (The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit series)
- King Kong (2005)
- Caesar (Planet of the Apes trilogy)
- Brad Pitt (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)
- Warcraft: The Beginning characters
- All Avatar characters
- Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean series)
- Richard Parker (Tiger from Life of Pi)
- Various Dinosaurs (Jurassic Park series)
- Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Autobots and many others (Transformers series)
- Ava (Ex Machina)
- Various animals of The Jungle Book (2016)
Enjoy amazing behind the scenes of Infinity War. The making of video has following sequences.
– Fight of Thanos (Josh Brolin) with Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) and Dr. Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)
– CGI Animatics
– Green screen / chroma shooting of Dr. Strange
– Motion capture shooting of Thanos and Iron Man
– Thanos stabbing Iron man (before after side by side, chroma shooting with final output) after his iconic dialogue ‘All this, just for a drop of blood’
Check our various before after VFX images of Avengers: Infinity War.