Bahubali: The Beginning (The one with strong arms) is India’s biggest motion picture till date, directed by S. S. Rajamouli. Check out the top 10 best interesting lesser known facts of this amazing Indian block buster first part of Baahublai movie.
Read on for the best things you must know Baahubali: The Beginning. It also includes so many technical facts including Bahubali VFX. One of the best things : It is not in 3D stereoscopic format, it is in 2D format. So, you concentrate more on story. Some may be unknown and shocking facts for you.
1. It is two part movie. The first part named ‘Bahubali: The Beginning‘ is released on 10th July 2015. The second part titled ‘Bahubali: The Conclusion‘ released on 28th April 2017. This action adventure movie is made with the mammoth budget of 1.8 billion. It is released in 4000+ theaters worldwide, including 200 screens in the US. Bahubali conclusion shooting was already started during release of the first part. Baahubali CGI and VFX is appreciated by all.
Bahubali 1 business figures are quite impressive. The total collection is more than 6.5 billlion.
2. It is set to break all box office records. On the very first day of the release, it generated profit of around 50 Crores which is the highest first day collection in the history of Indian cinema. The second day collection was around 48 Crore. On the third day, Sunday, it generated business of around 55 Crore. The movie has got outstanding reviews from critics and audience both. This is first Indian war movie which stood in the category of Hollywood war movies such as Troy, Braveheart and 300. This is the first time when any regional movie is getting outstanding applause in the world market. Bahubali’s Hollywood style camera techniques are appreciated in the entire circle of Animation and VFX.
3. Among all the positive hypes, it also came with a negative one ! Critics claimed that the official movie poster of ‘Baahubali The Beginning‘ is ripped off copy of Hollywood movie titled ‘Simon Birch‘ which was released in 1998. Well, the basic concept is quite same. The computer graphics are nearly same. Check out following image.
4. Surprise, surprise, surprise !!!!
S. S. Rajamouli had first approached Hritik Roshan and John Abraham for the Bahubali movie. He intended to first shoot the movie in Hindi and later on to dub it in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and English. But, both the actors didn’t showed interest. So, finally Rajamouli took Prabhas Raju Uppalapati and Rana Daggubati and made the film in Tamil and Telugu. For Bahubali: The Beginning, Prabhas had been paid gigantic 24 Crores for the lead road. He reserved continuous 2.5 years of time for this epic movie only.
5. The movie took more than 3 years to get completed. The pre production part and scripting took 1 year. Live action shooting took 2 years. Post production, VFX, Editing, Sound matching and correcting took more than six months. V. Srinivas Mohan (Visual Effects Supervisor) has put his years of experience and knowledge to make alive this gigantic vision of S. S. Rajamouli.
Internet is flooded with Bahubali VFX shots before and after images and videos. It is the first time that Hollywood is taking keen interest any Indian Animation and VFX movie.
6. Due to continuous creative and technical developments, the final budget crossed over 40% of the original production cost. According to S. S. Rajamouli, the 85% of the total budget is used only on the production level including real life structures, armors, costumes and tons of other miscellaneous on-set props. A vast area of Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad was booked for the historic shooting of Bahubali’s war scenes. It took near by six months with around 2000 cast, dozen elephants and 200 to 300 horses.
The Production crew consists 25 National Award Winning artists and technicians. 20,000 weapons are designed and used in the entire move. It consists 50,000+ vfx shots spanning both the parts. 110 acres of space was reserved at Ramoji Fim City for the shooting of war scene. Other VFX techniques are used in post production level for finishing. Major portion of Bahubali: The Beginning is achieved through chroma shooting. Bahubali waterfall scenes are one of the most beautiful landscapes in the movie. Waterfall are mix of 2D and 3D effects. Prabhakar had done amazing acting as Kalakeya King Warlord. Sathyaraj playing Kattappa had been overnight hit. Baahubali is animated in so many sequences due to chroma removal and other VFX techniques.
7. Bahubali: The Beginning is the biggest VFX film in Indian film history. Around 90% of the final output is achieved through various visual effects techniques such as rotoscoping, chroma removal, wire removal, 2D and 3D tracking, matchmoving, color correction, live action shooting and CG (3D Computer Graphics) integration, matte painting, camera projections and Compositing. Around 2000 junior artists were in live action shooting. As per the official records, total 17 VFX studios and 600+ 3D Animation and Visual Effects Artists worked to finish the post production of the movie. Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram and other social media services are populated with various pictures of before and after using VFX technology in Bahubali. The major post production houses for making of Bahubali are :
- Makuta VFX Studio – Hyderabad
- Firefly Creative Studio – Hyderabad
- Prasad EFX – Hyderabad
- Tau Films – Malaysia
- Malaysia Dancing Digital Animation – Shanghai
- Macrograph – Korea
8. S. S. Rajamouli simultaneously shot the movie Bahubali: The Beginning in Tamil and Telegu languages. It was dubbed in Hindi, Malayalam and English later on. Karan Johar (Dharma Productions) bought the rights for Hindi language distribution, K.E. Gnanavel Raja (Studio Green) bough Tamil distribution rights. Global United Media got the rights for Malayalam distribution. To make publicity in international market, the marketing team distributed ‘Bahubali’ name printed t-shirts free at a cafe near the recent Cannes Festival.
9. Bahubali Manohari models dancers are Nora Fatehi, Scarlett Wilson and Gabriela Bertante. Nora, Moroccan model and actress, suffered from wardrobe malfunction during the shooting – her top got slipped down in front of the camera. Lead actress Tamannaah rescued her from the total embarrassment. The entire news got wrapped up within the production unit and didn’t got highlighted in any media. Nora Fatehi is also featured in Roar: Tigers of the Sundarbans and Mr. X.
Scarlett Wilson, British model and dancer, is currently one of the dancing competitor in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Reloaded. Gabriela Bertante, Brazilian model, has been feature in MTV Grind as VJ. Gabriela Bertante in Bahubali has rocked as hot dancer. All three Manohari song item girls had been viral.
Check out Bahubali 2: The Conclusion movie review
10. The official trailer of Telugu version crossed 4 million views just within two weeks on YouTube. Also, the ost became the best seller on iTunes. The trailer promises for full entertainment movie and it stood right on the expectations. It’s pure action adventure motion picture on its best from South Indian Film Industry. Bahubali poster enters into Guinness Book of World Records and Limca Book of World Records.
The production team held an event in Kerala where they revealed Baahubali movie poster measuring 51,968 sq ft and got entry as the biggest poster of motion picture in both the books. The climax scene sets the biggest question of the year : why kattappa killed bahubali ? It has become viral online. Hundreds of funny answers and memes of kattappa had taken the entire web globally.
Check out images of behind the scenes, shooting photos and chroma shooting of Bahubali.